Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Five Star Paper!

I've been exploring topics for my English 101 midterm these past couple days and there's only one I'm really trying to work on: Do games like Guitar Hero and Rock Band revitalize Rock and Roll? I mean, I know someone who actually started playing guitar because she wanted to play The Police's "Message In A Bottle" and Avenged Sevenfold's "The Beast And The Harlot" because they were her favorite songs on Guitar Hero 2. As a matter of fact, she's the one that introduced me to the Guitar Hero craze. I taught her how to play "Message In A Bottle" once she had a guitar (but she was on her own when it comes to playing "The Beast And The Harlot", LOL). As a musician, I personally think it's an interesting topic but I'm not sure if it's 10 pages of "interesting". I'd much rather write a paper on Rock Band than writing a paper on the cliche "Grand Theft Auto and violence in teens" because Dr. Smith's probably read millions of those. It also wouldn't be that hard to find some research on that topic, seeing as how there are tons of cases online (not to mention the fact that it's a really depressing topic, haha). In my opinion, Guitar Hero and Rock Band are a fresh breath of air in the video game world and it is what I want to do my research on.

No comments: